VERSES TO MEDITATE ON:
7 Yet while Christ was here on earth he pleaded with God, praying with tears and agony of soul to the only one who would save him from [premature] death. And God heard his prayers because of his strong desire to obey God at all times.
8 And even though Jesus was God’s Son, he had to learn from experience what it was like to obey when obeying meant suffering. 9 It was after he had proved himself perfect in this experience that Jesus became the Giver of eternal salvation to all those who obey him.
21 “Then the people begged for a king, and God gave them Saul (son of Kish), a man of the tribe of Benjamin, who reigned for forty years. 22 But God removed him and replaced him with David as king, a man about whom God said, ‘David (son of Jesse) is a man after my own heart, for he will obey me.’
POINTS TO PONDER:
- God hears our prayers when we have a strong desire to obey Him
- Even though He hears our prayers, it doesn’t mean He will do what we ask
- Even though we pray and God hears us, it doesn’t mean He will do what we ask.
- Obedience is the way to God’s heart.
- Sometimes obedience leads to suffering
We may need to suffer in obedience before God gives us a minis