JERILYN JACKSON – BIOGRAPHY
After my marriage (I was 17), we moved to the small community of Bangor, California, where we started attending a Village Missions church (The missionary arm of Stonecroft Ministries). There I learned about God, and I came to realize the Bible was pertinent for today’s living. So, I prayed and asked Jesus in, and He accepted! My husband, Bob, was converted the same week I was.
Nine months later, both my husband and I were attending Practical Bible Training School in Binghamton, New York (now Davis College). He graduated with a Bible degree and I was able to obtain a Christian Education diploma from The Evangelical Teacher Training Association.
We then applied, and were accepted, to serve in Borneo, Indonesia, under Regions Beyond Missionary Union. We spent almost two years on deputation and then three years on the missionary field. We returned home to California for Bob to have a second back operation and for me to deliver our fourth child.
Bob was a youth pastor for two years and then went into business. During this time I was active working with children in such organizations as Released Time Christian Education, Child Evangelism Fellowship, and the local church.
For over ten years I was involved in Christian Women’s Clubs as a board member, chairman, area representative, Bible study coordinator, and speaker.
Since my husband retirement we have spent our time traveling, enjoying our new home in Washington State, and visiting our kids and twelve grand kids!!
Shortly before my husband’s retirement, I decided to pursue a lifelong desire to be a writer. I have attended the Mount Hermon Christian Writers’ Conference quite a few times and have also attended the Oregon Christian Writers Conference for some years and have been at several of their one-day conferences. I have also attended seminars and conferences hosted by the Santa Clara County Writers Association and one for travel writers.
I was also the editor for our church newsletter in Ocean Park WA and started a writers group for that publication.
I have completed a devotion book that was published in 2010 and is available on Amazon in paperback and for Kindle. My children’s book was published this year as an eBook only on Amazon.
Currently I am working on various articles and a book. I am looking forward to whatever the Lord has for me as I look to him for guidance and direction!
I have had articles published in:
11) Patterns for Living (women’s newsletter for South Hills Community Church, San Jose, CA)
12) City Team Ministries newsletter, San Jose CA
13) Progress Magazine (Stonecroft Ministries) – twice
14) Light and Life – twice
15) Decision Magazine – twice
16) Moody Magazine
18) Christian Reader
19) The Joyful Woman
20) The Progress
21) Progress Magazine Decision
22) Monthly Column in Church newsletter (Peninsula Baptist Church)
23) LIVE (weekly Publication of Gospel Publishing) several times
My business experience has been:
1) Telephone operator,
2) Credit department clerk, and,
3) Temporary secretarial experiences with Camera Company, garlic factory, church secretary position.
My missions and professional experiences have been:
1) Sunday School Teacher – usually primary ages
2) Vacation Bible School teacher – parade coordinator
3) Released Time Christian Education Teacher –
4) Five Day Club and Good News Club teacher
5) Missionary to Kalimantan Barat,
6) Home schooled our daughter for eighth grade
7) Served on board in various positions for Los Gatos/Saratoga Christian Women’s Club (Stonecroft Ministries) 8) Christian Women’s Club Chairman
9) Friendship Bible Coffee Coordinator, also, led and hosted these same Bible studies
9) Served as Area Representative for three Christian Women’s Clubs from 1986 until 1990
10) Speaker in Northern California area for Christian Women’s Clubs from 1983 – 1997
11) Speaker for Oregon, Washington, and California from 1999 – present
12) Presently pursuing writing for Christian and secular publications.